Saturday, April 20, 2013

We Got a Rat.



Meet Ophelia. I can't decide if I love her forever or think she is the most repugnant creature on earth. The way she claws and chews at the side of her cage like a deranged horror movie character makes my skin crawl, but I cried when I first met her and saw how little and fluffy and helpless she is. She makes these hideous screechy noises that make me cringe, but I keep going over to her cage to talk to her and tell her she is beautiful and loved (not necessarily by me) because...I don't know why. Maybe I don't want her to have low self-esteem. Ophelia, you confuse me.
Also, doesn't she have the most adorable name ever? I was voting for Marilla, Isis, or Totoro...but I think "Ophelia" will suit this little rodent just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment