Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Counting My Blessings

I used to do this on The Linden Tree...count my blessings. I think I should pick up where I left off.

26. The palm tree outside my window. It's such a pretty picture to fall asleep to each night: the black silhouette dancing in the wind against a grey sky. I pretend I live in a lighthouse.

27. Friendship.

28. This weather. It takes my breath away everyday. I drive with the windows rolled down and have been taking walks every night. I just can't get enough of it.

29. Pound cake with vanilla ice cream and strawberry orange sauce. It tasted like summer.

30. My camera. It doesn't take the best pictures, but I love that I can carry it with me and capture special moments: walks with the sisters, our furry little pet acting adorable (I think Ophelia is finally growing on me), our brilliantly blue sky, crafting day with a friend.....

31. My small group. I'm finally beginning to feel at home and more comfortable in my church. My church is big and scary for me, but I forced myself to step out of my comfort zone and meet people and become involved. I'm so glad that I did. I'm kicking my social anxiety in the butt and not letting it rule over me. I feel awesome!


"White Christmas" is one of my favorite movies of all time. When I told a friend that the first time I ever saw the film was two years before with his family he said, "What a sad and horrible life you must have lead before that day." I responded, "Yes. Yes it was."
It is the sweetest, funniest, feel-good movie ever. If you haven't watched it then do. Now.
One of my favorite scenes is of Bing Crosby and Rosemarie Clooney singing this song:

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
I fall asleep counting my blessings

When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
I fall asleep counting my blessings
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them
As they slumber in their beds

If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them
As they slumber in their beds

If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
 And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment