Saturday, April 13, 2013

Apple Banana Muffins

You guys, I just achieved muffin making greatness. The only problem is that I didn't use a recipe or measuring cups, so I'm not sure if I will ever be able to duplicate it. As best as I can remember this is what I put in them:

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of honey
2 eggs
2 mashed bananas
1/3 cup of applesauce
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of instant oats
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 generous pinch of kosher salt
1 tbsp. of cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. of cloves
1/2 cup of buttermilk


Cream butter & sugar. Add honey and eggs and blend again. Add bananas and applesauce and blend again.
In a separate bowl mix flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and spices. Alternate between adding flour mixture and buttermilk to banana/butter/sugar bowl all the while blending. Batter will be pretty thick. bake in greased muffin tin for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. They really were delicious...light and fluffy and tall and just sweet enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment