Monday, April 8, 2013

Rise up & attack the day with enthusiasm.



A good reminder and one I needed to hear today, because this was so not me this morning.
Back to life.
Back to work.

One of the downsides to taking a 10 day vacation is that reality seems so much harsher and miserable once you are forced back into it. My melancholy self has been very resistant to coming back from the copious amounts of tea and coffee drinking, holding and reading to sweet babies all day, napping, eating farm bacon (I will never be able to eat store bacon again), playing board games 'til midnight, and talking and sharing and listening to each others life and stories mode. It was wonderful, wonderful I tell you. It felt so good, so "right" to be with all of them again. Why do we have to live so far away?!?
I was able to spend time with and get to know three of the most interesting, spunkiest, delightful little people in the world. Katie & Caleb are two incredibly blessed people to have such precious children. There are not enough words to express the amount of utter cuteness. I was completely undone by the dimples and scrunched-up-nose-smiles and hugs and and baby smells and yummy cheeks and all around adorability. And again I cry: Why do we have to live so far away?!? Being around Katie and stay-at-home-motherhood and the littles makes me incredibly eager for the day when I am a Mama too. I want it terribly and it can't come soon enough. This is the part where I give myself a little pep talk and remind myself to be content in my life.

It was a perfect trip. I can't thank them enough for having me in their home.

I met Livi when she was 5 and I was 7. We were at a mutual friend's pool party. Neither of us knew how to swim and so we sat on the pool's edge and became fast friends. And, I'm so grateful we did. She is a wonderful person, a kindred spirit, and I love her and her family dearly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also grateful for the people waiting for me at home. It was a sweet thing indeed to see my family again. I had never been away from them for so long before. Maggie kept hugging me all day and telling me how much she had missed me and that made me feel all warm and fuzzy.... Love that child. And, Carley greeted me at the door with a hug and said, "I haven't seen you since the last time we tried to pick the same wildflower" which is hilarious if you get the reference, and if you don't then I am sorry (But, not sorry enough to share a link--too lazy).

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment