Monday, April 29, 2013

A Sunny Smile

“It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”
--F. Scott Fitzgerald

Counting my blessings:

32. I spent most of Saturday with Diane. We went to a yard sale extravaganza and I found many treasures. We then went out for lunch and enjoyed a iced glass of lemonade on her sofa while we talked.

33. My sisters have been wanting to buy bikes, but have not had the resources. This weekend our neighbors were having a yard sale and were selling two good quality bikes for $20 each.

34. I've been borrowing the bikes until I buy one for myself. The wind whipping through my hair keeps me cool from the blazing sun that beats down on my arms and freckles them. My bike rides are aimless and long and smell like grass clippings and honey suckle.

35. I was nervous when filling up my gas tank for the first time. I felt great relief when I realized I will only be spending $35 a week even with driving to church, etc.

36. I had a good conversation with my boss last week. I'm feeling good about work.

37. Long drives allow much time for stimulating conversation. Our church is 45 minutes away. I'm realizing that is something to be grateful for rather than complain about.

38. Domenic & Vincent. Two wonderful, special, brilliant little people that make my heart overflow with love and joy.

39. I am so very excited to visit Christel, Jenn, and Matt this weekend. We are going on a picnic! For those of you who don't know, picnics are my favorite things in all of life. Also people. So getting to go on a picnic with three awesome people makes me giddy with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment