Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Compassioning

"I woke up this morning, March 18th, ready to compassion. Compassion originally meant “to suffer with,” so I consider compassioning to be a verb. It’s something to write on the to-do-list, something that takes time and energy. Instead of making room for it, we try to avoid compassion, or suffering with, which is understandable. Suffering with others hurts. It scares us. It breaks our hearts. But the deeper I get into this loving myself and others gig the more certain I am that a broken heart is something for which to strive. A broken heart is a badge of honor that says: I loved well. A broken heart is not always the end, but it IS often the beginning. Nobody ever changed the world with a shiny, mint- condition heart."
--Glennon (Momastery.com)
 
Let us compassion more. Let us willingly and joyfully give of ourselves to those who are suffering. Let us put our hearts out there in the open knowing that we may get hurt and bruised, but knowing more that there is nothing more meaningful to the one suffering than having someone walk beside her who can say, "I get it. I know how you are feeling.".
 
"So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE."
--1 Corinthians 13:13
 
I think compassion is an expression of love: It's love in action. Let us love more.
 
"Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be."
--Mumford & Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment