Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Imaginary Dinner Party

Let's play a game! I'm planning an imaginary dinner party where I get to invite all of the woman that I look up to and admire. There are no rules since this game is completely in my head and so that means that any and all are welcome...they can be real or fictional or even dead. No. Rules.


1.) Florence Nightingale. She was my hero as a little girl. I loved that she cared more about her convictions and the strong desire placed on her heart over conforming to what society, class, and family expected of her. She was a brave, gentle servant.

2.) Julia Child (of course). She is precious and hilarious. She taught me to be fearless in the kitchen and trust my instincts. She taught me that less is more and to cook with my heart.

3.) Glennon Doyle Melton. She taught me that I don't have to agree with someone to love them. That we are all different and unique, but equally important. She taught me about being brave and kind and gentle. She is the reason that I write.

4.) Kate Conner. I want to be her. I could go on and on about how much I love her, but that would take forever and might be a little weird. The thing that I love most about her is that she knows that she matters. She is beautiful model of what Biblical feminism and femininity looks like.

5.) Heather Kopp. I. Can't. Even.... She's just so wonderful. Because she is messed up and broken and loves Jesus so so much. I hope that can write as beautifully as she does someday.

6.) Ellen DeGeneres. She is just so awesome and funny and kind. I have to meet her.

7.) Lily Potter. I need to thank her for teaching me so much about love.

8.) Lucy Pevensie. I want her to tell me just what Aslan is like.

9.) And lastly, Charlotte & Fern. They taught me about friendship and loyalty and living a simple life fully.


No, that's a cozy little party! We'll all laugh and talk and share and it will be wonderful.

How about you? Who would you invite?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel bad that I haven't been paying much attention to my blog of late. It's summertime and it seems that a lot of bloggers have been taking breaks from the internet. It's quiet out here in cyberspace and I think it gave me permission to take a little break for a while myself. I've been writing just as much as ever, but not here. My posts on the Linden Tree have been rather sporadic, but hopefully I will be able to tidy up the many half posts I have saved to my drafts and publish them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment