Thursday, February 28, 2013

Welcome to my home....

It's a cozy little place with books stacked high, clutter in corners, many a quilt and afghan to cuddle under, treasured trinkets & knick-knacks on every surface, and lots of very special people inside it.

“You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That’s such a comfort.”
--Julie & Julia
This isn't chocolate pudding. It's actually eggnog pudding and it was rich and amazing. But, really, anything made in my happy, fun bowl given to us by Auntie Aud is bound to taste delicious.


"Is there anything better than butter? Think it over, any time you taste something that’s delicious beyond imagining and you say ‘what’s in this?’ the answer is always going to be butter. The day there is a meteorite rushing toward Earth and we have thirty days to live, I am going to spend it eating butter. Here is my final word on the subject, you can never have too much butter."
--Again, Julie & Julia. I just love that movie.


Wooden spoons are my best friend.


I love these people. Yes, our place settings have bow ties. Yes, Natalie has marks all over her face. If you watch Doctor Who then you will understand. Bow ties are cool.


Our comfy living room.




Books and books and more books.

An impulsive purchase. I don't regret it one bit.


Silly old bear on Maggie's quilt
sewn by Mom.



 Mismatched china. Let's have a mad tea party!


 Fun Fact: Watch "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" and you will see this picture hanging in Toad Hall. You can't see it in this picture, but the glass is all antique-y and bubbled.



 I saw a sign like this in an antique store in Minnesota. I fell in love with it and Mom surprised me by making one (and a much prettier one I might add) for me for Christmas.


If you have read One Hundred Cupboards then you will know why I have cabinet doors on my bedroom wall. I must post close ups of the art: Each one is special and has a story.


My bedroom.


Amazing Grace, Hedwig, and a ship. I call my room "eclectic".


This was saved from my childhood home. I love it to pieces.



..And last year's beautifully, victorian, twinkly, Christmas tree.


  
I love this place. Thank you for stopping by. It's been lovely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment