Monday, February 25, 2013

“Savory...that's a swell word. And Basil and Betel. Capsicum. Curry. All great. But Relish, now, Relish with a capital R. No argument, that' the best.”--Dandelion Wine (Ray Bradbury)

I think everybody has their own list of "good words". I have a list of words that make me swoon. Whether it be for the meaning behind it or for just the beautiful sound it makes when spoken:

-Frolic
-Fragrant
-Beloved
-Ardently (Particularly when said by Fitzwilliam Darcy, "I love you....most ardently.")
-Fye! (As in, "Fye upon thee, oh silly heart!")
-Dagnabit! (Say, "Dagnabit!" instead of any other expletive you would typically use in a moment of frustration and I promise you all stress & tension will dissipate. You just can't say that word without smiling)
-Fierce
-Bliss
-Content
-Hearth
-Gentle
-Fickle

...Apparently I have an affinity for f-words.

And then there are words that I loathe. They nauseate me, irritate me, give me the heebeedee jeebeedees:

-Seep
-Secrete
-Ooze
-Prego or Preggers
-Gelatinous
-Bro
-Doozy

Ugghhh.....

If this were a blog where actual people actually read my posts, then naturally I would close this post with me asking you what you good/bad words are. But, Alas!.....Oooh! That's another great word: Alas! Anywho, I do not have readers so I shall end rather awkwardly.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment