Friday, November 11, 2011

Turkey...It's a Good Thing



We are going to Seaworld early tomorrow morning. To save some money I am packing lunch. I seared the seasoned turkey breast in butter and oil and then browned some aromatic vegetable in the turkey fat with S&P and a little sprinkle of sugar. Put it all back in the pot, threw in some fresh thyme sprigs and water and let it simmer for a while. I chopped the turkey up and put it on bread rolls with cranberry relish (Thanks to Natalie for making that). It took us only a few minutes to prepare (minus the cooking time).This should make for a tasty lunch! I put the turkey bone back into the water to let it simmer and make a stock for soup on Sunday.
I'll use the leftover turkey I didn't need and maybe I'll add dumplings.


No comments:

Post a Comment