Friday, February 28, 2014

Guess who has two thumbs and is blogging again!! This girl!!



I woke up the other day and knew that it was time to begin writing again.

I took this hiatus from blogging, and that somehow turned into a hiatus from writing. Period.
I thought that I would spend time writing just for myself and at my own pace, but that didn't end up happening. I've jotted and scribbled a bit here and there, but not much.

I just didn't want to write. But, the other day I wanted it again. So that is good.

The only problem is that I don't seem to remember how to create a coherent string of sentences anymore. Yesterday I was frustrated over something. Frustration is oftentimes the birthplace of an essay or blog post for me...maybe that's not a good thing? As I was saying, I was frustrated and so I sat down to write it out. Instead of the words flowing from me as they used to do, I wrote something sort of like this:

"People need to keep their pie holes shut. Like: Think before you talk! You are basically dissing my deepest and most forever desire. You don't know my life! And, for the record, kids don't have to be pains in the butt. You do you. I'll do me. I can live without all the bells and whistle. I want to live simply. It's all about having the right perspective. Just love. Why not LOVE? Right? Why does everyone feel like they need to give their opinion on EVERYTHING?? If you want to be a trapeze artist or move to Timbuktu then be my guest. Everyone has a calling. Who says yours is a higher one than mine? Because I just feel. So much. This is what I want. And it is good and worthy and important. Respect that. Grace, people. Give me grace. I'll give you grace. Lyndsay out!"

Oh, so poetic. I'm a bit rusty--no?? I'll keep writing and hope that I come up with something a little better than this disastrous rant.

I'll be back soon and with a more interesting and understandable post (hopefully).

In 48 minutes I am heading to Orlando to spend the weekend at Disney. Oh yeah!

Lyndsay Out!

1 comment: